x

Add free bag of chips with sandwich order and track it

Hello! We just added sandwiches to our bar menu and would like to include a bag of chips with each order at no charge. Think Subway or Jersey Mike's. The customer orders a sandwich (which is set up as an item), then picks any bag of chips from the shelf. Right now I have the list of chips set up as a modifier when the bartender adds a sandwich to their tab. This works fine, but we'd love to be able to track the bags of chips as actual items from our store inventory (because they are also for sale individually). Would anyone have some advice on how to do this? Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@sadmonkeytx 

Create a $ Discount for the amount of a a bag a chips that you are giving away.

Here is how to create a discount : 3955-create-and-manage-discounts 

Scan the Sandwich and the Bag of chips then press the Green button that shows Discounts %  ( I know it shows a % sign talk to Square ) but the $ discounts are in there too.  Do not Slide for the DIscount on the Chips as this will only give you % Discounts.

You can also wait till the end of the transaction but before pressing Charge to enter the Dollar Discount.   

This is what I have been doing for my buy 12 get 1 free candles.   Customers do not have to buy 12 at one time and we are just using an old fashion Punch card.  So sometimes a person may buy 2 candles and get one free and that is how we apply the Free candle and track our inventory.  It removes 13 candles of the Fragrances that the customer purchased and only charges them for 12, as I want it to.   So I hope this will work for you too.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 2