x

Big order placed thru our square website. Picked up by door dash and never delivered.

Anyone have issues like this? I don't even know how to begin to get this refunded. Customer says they tried to call the drivers number and it isn't working

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

HI, you need to contact DoorDash to report the theft and the driver.  

DoorDash for Merchants

https://get.doordash.com/en-us/contact

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 2 of 6

Hello- thanks for responding!

I reached out to Doordash and this is what I was told. This is so confusing and frustrating. It was a $100 order that I am going to be screwed over-this will probably make me get rid of Squares online delivering feature.

Since it wasn't thru their doordash marketplace-it was thru their "Drive" system (which is thru the square POS/ website) they can not refund the customer directly.

So they said I will have to refund the customer, but that means I am getting screwed by this order. Doordash claims they'll refund the order to me but that doesn't make sense since I already got payment from the customer immediately. So if I am understanding correctly: Doordash isn't refunding anything, and they want me to refund the 100 ticket to the customer that has no communication with door dash, only my store. 

There is apparently zero accountability once the "drive" system driver picks up the food.

Hopefully I am missing something/not understanding something?

Message 3 of 6

Hi, have you made any progress with this?  Did it work itself out?  I'm having similar issues.  Others are also posting about it here.  You are not alone.  Please join in.  Square needs to understand that this process is unclear and that they need to make changes.  At the very least, there needs to be more transparency.

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @danhinchliffe, thank you for flagging this. Really sorry to hear about this issue you're having with Doordash, it definitely sounds frustrating.

Although Square Point of Sale integrates with DoorDash to process pickup and delivery orders, DoorDash’s features, services, and billing are managed by them directly.

For help with DoorDash-specific questions:

If for some reason they’re not able to help you, please contact us with your DoorDash support ticket number and we’ll do our best to find a solution for you.

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

@The7onWalnut ;

I am sorry this has happened to you.  I have heard of it happening to others on this forum and to other businesses in my area that have used Door Dash and other delivery methods. I actually had the same issue with FedEx.  FedEx said package was delivered, customer claimed it was not delivered.  What saved us was my customer had a doorbell camera that showed the FedEx truck driving past the address and never stopping on the date time it showed on their tracking software.  FedEx tried saying it was not their fault until we were able to forward them the video.  Our local Pizza Hut uses Door Dash and they have had similar issues like your.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 6 of 6