x
Beta Member

Does anyone use a QR code to drive room service business in a hotel setting? Curios about outcome.

I have a 175 room hotel - 3 level hotel complex. Recently I decided to find a creative and fresh way to recover some of the F&B (Room service) revenue lost to the large on-demand food delivery services. I would like to market our in-house restaurant as a direct competitor to these 3rd party services.

My goal is to establish that we are no longer the outdated, expensive and bland option for in-room dining:

"We threw out the predictably boring menus from the 1990's. We are breaking all the rules. Give us a try now and you will see for yourself that we are faster, cheaper and you know us. Don't let some stranger handle your buns! Order now, from us, and keep your food from touring the city AND keep those ride share trips for yourself. 

Scan this QR code, place your order online with our Chef and then mark the time. Because there is never any roadway traffic  or construction, your food will arrive fresh, hot and fast - with no excuses. 

Any feedback is appreciated. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Don’t you love those Samsung adverts that slag off apple for removing the headphone jack…… then come back to bite them when they launch some new product? 

Easy rule of business, don’t go around slagging people off.

2nd rule of business, doing dwell on past mistakes of your own of the trade. 

In room QR and advertising based on what you do best will be a winner. Having the menu in the room and not making them reach for their phone is a good call too - you can show them your offering before they hit the apps so they pick up their phone knowing what they want to order and who they’re getting it from.

You could also highlight that it’s delivered on a real plate with cutlery (without saying whet isn’t).  

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 2