x

Editing Items creates multiple variations

I've been making some updates to items today, including adjusting prices and locations available. However, I've noticed that in doing this, another variation of my items were created under the same product listing. 

For example, I updated the "Locations Available" on my 2013 Cabernet Franc from 2 to all 5. Instead of this just updating the locations, I now have 1 variation available everywhere with no price/sku, and another variation available only at the original two locations, at the original price, with the original SKU attached. I did not add a variation, or make any edits to the "Edit Variations" page. 

This has happened in some capacity with almost everything I've edited today. Are other people having this happen? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @leswvv,

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know, this behavior is definitely off. This is not an issue that I have come across with our system but if you are making these edits from Dashboard I would definitely try some troubleshooting to see if that resolves the issue. If you are still running into a problem let's reach out to support so they can investigate this further, 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport. We will need to get some account information from you, and cannot do that through The Seller Community, but Customer Support can.  

Message 2 of 2