x
Beta Member

Hold & Fire

We just set up square for our restaurant about a month or two ago. So far we love it more than Revel.

One thing I can't seem to figure out is... how to "hold" items without actually sending it to the kitchen.

We have coursing enabled and "hold and fire" but it seems to send "held" items to the kitchen along with fired items under a "hold" category. Even when we add items to course 1 or course 2, there is no "save" option after adding items to the check and marking them as "fire" or "hold". It only has a "send" option which then sends everything including held items.

For example, we want to send apps first and fire courses when customers are almost done with apps. However, when it sends both fire and hold items, our kitchen gets confused and makes everything.

Has anyone figured this out?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @5iveSpice

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your hold and fire settings on your orders. This sounds account specific, so I am going to recommend reaching out to our Restaurants Support team directly: 1-855-700-6000. 

I don't have the accessibility to see into your settings, so they would be able to help you through that. Also, if they notice this is a bug, they will be able to file a ticket with our engineers for a deeper dive. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2