x

Inventory use

We have just purchased square restaurant POS.  I have added all our liquors and the inventory on hand, entered the tracking of inventory.  Under every liquor we have options of: shot, mixed small, mixed large and rocks/snifter with each price.  All of it works great for ringing up the drinks.  However, only 1 unit is being taken out of stock for each type of drink.  Shot and mixed small this will be accurate.  But for a mixed large I need at least 3-4 units taken out of stock on hand and rocks/snifter will need to be 5-6 units.

I have looked everywhere in the item menus to see if I can set this parameter for stock use but have not found it.  I may just have to adjust our stock each week for those types of drinks.  Or do you have a more accurate way of setting up the inventory??

Message 1 of 3
2 Best Answers
Square Champion

Best Answer

@MCC831 ;

You may have to setup Sell By Units in Square.

This is used for example when you sell a Glass of wine instead of a Bottle of wine and need to reduce the quantity on hand.

I use it for when I buy my Candles by the cass of 144, but sell by the Dozen, or individually, to keep inventory close to accurate.

The reason I use Close is because I found out that with Squares rounding if I have 85 candles left Square will show I have a Full Case in Stock with a quantity of 85.  But a Case is 144 candles.  85 is about 60% of a case which is over the 50% mark so Square rounded up to a full case, but I can not sell a full case.

You may have to adjust your inventory somewhat meaning a bottle instead of being 1.75 Liters is now 59 ounces.  So one 1.75 Liter botle is = to 59 - 1 ounce shot.  So A small mixed drink would require 1 oz.

You may also need to look into bundles for Mixed drinks   X amount of Rum and Y amount of Coke for example.

I am not sure if these can be used with out Squares Paid Features, meaning Square for Retail Plus or Square for Restuarants Plus

Here are links to more about these features in Square:

Sell by Units Link : 7237-stock-conversion-sell-by-units 

Sell By Bundles Link : 8057-create-managing-bundles-with-square-for-retail 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3

Best Answer

Thank you for your response.  I am in the middle of changing my units to ounces with the conversion.  I rounded down to 25 ounces per 750 ml bottle.  I will look into it.  I already have my wines set up as each (and I added my inventory in by calculating 1 bottle being 4 glasses of wine).  If I can figure out the bundle for mixed large and rocks/snifters I'll be in good shape.  Appreciate your help.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Best Answer

@MCC831 ;

You may have to setup Sell By Units in Square.

This is used for example when you sell a Glass of wine instead of a Bottle of wine and need to reduce the quantity on hand.

I use it for when I buy my Candles by the cass of 144, but sell by the Dozen, or individually, to keep inventory close to accurate.

The reason I use Close is because I found out that with Squares rounding if I have 85 candles left Square will show I have a Full Case in Stock with a quantity of 85.  But a Case is 144 candles.  85 is about 60% of a case which is over the 50% mark so Square rounded up to a full case, but I can not sell a full case.

You may have to adjust your inventory somewhat meaning a bottle instead of being 1.75 Liters is now 59 ounces.  So one 1.75 Liter botle is = to 59 - 1 ounce shot.  So A small mixed drink would require 1 oz.

You may also need to look into bundles for Mixed drinks   X amount of Rum and Y amount of Coke for example.

I am not sure if these can be used with out Squares Paid Features, meaning Square for Retail Plus or Square for Restuarants Plus

Here are links to more about these features in Square:

Sell by Units Link : 7237-stock-conversion-sell-by-units 

Sell By Bundles Link : 8057-create-managing-bundles-with-square-for-retail 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 3

Best Answer

Thank you for your response.  I am in the middle of changing my units to ounces with the conversion.  I rounded down to 25 ounces per 750 ml bottle.  I will look into it.  I already have my wines set up as each (and I added my inventory in by calculating 1 bottle being 4 glasses of wine).  If I can figure out the bundle for mixed large and rocks/snifters I'll be in good shape.  Appreciate your help.

Message 3 of 3