x
Beta Member

Is Disabling (not deleting) modifier(s) in the works?

I use Deliverect with Square and one of the weirdest issues we had for a few days one time was that Uber Eats was automatically cancelling very specific orders. After some chat with Deliverect, it was because I had to remove a portion of the modifier because we ran out of that particular item at one point and when I put it back, it had a different unique ID that wasn't present on Uber Eats/Doordash (via Deliverect).

If there was an ability to just DISABLE that portion of a modifier instead of deleting it so that it could be brought back when it would be ready to be brought back and the unique ID isn't changed, that would be great.

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi!!

We’re looking for a small group of vocal sellers to preview and test Marking Modifiers as Sold Out. In this beta, you will be able to
easily mark modifiers as sold out/available from Square POS and Dashboard. The sold out/available state will be respected across your sales channels.

• Enable sold out status on your modifier choices at a per-location basis 
  • Easily mark modifiers as sold out / available from Dashboard or POS
  • Modifier availability will sync across all your sales channels and devices

Interested?

You can request to join the Mark Modifiers as Sold Out group in the Beta Community, where we’ll share more details about this upcoming test and gather feedback from our participating sellers.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @momas_cafe 

This is something that our team is working hard to implement. Marking Modifiers as Sold Out instead of having to delete them. Stay tuned!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Square

Best Answer

Hi!!

We’re looking for a small group of vocal sellers to preview and test Marking Modifiers as Sold Out. In this beta, you will be able to
easily mark modifiers as sold out/available from Square POS and Dashboard. The sold out/available state will be respected across your sales channels.

• Enable sold out status on your modifier choices at a per-location basis 
  • Easily mark modifiers as sold out / available from Dashboard or POS
  • Modifier availability will sync across all your sales channels and devices

Interested?

You can request to join the Mark Modifiers as Sold Out group in the Beta Community, where we’ll share more details about this upcoming test and gather feedback from our participating sellers.

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

@adriana-es I am not sure if you can help with this, However, the new updated Square register APP 6.17, caused The modifier option to popup even if you have a customized the modifier to an Item. Why was this changed from previous revision 6.11 and before. which if we had a customized modifier it will be automatically added to the item once the item is scanned. any idea if we can at least have an option to toggle that as well  

Message 4 of 4