x

Is Square for Restaurants a good fit for my business?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square Register versus Square Restaurant]

I am a Coffee Shop & Cafe with 1 location.  I have counter service for ordering and numbered table for delivery of food.  No wait staff.  I serve about 150 a day combination of coffee and lunch or breakfast.  I have used Square for retail since opening and find that I often am "working around" things to adapt to a cafe. 

Looking for opinions from those that have used both.  What are the benefits and would you make the switch if you could go back and start over?

Info - I have an online square site.  I do a lot of carry-out or online orders.

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Hi @PerkyCup,

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Happy to discuss some key features and differences. To make sure I'm understanding, what hardware are you currently using (iPad/Stand combination, Square Register, or another piece of hardware)? Aslo, what do you hope to get out of your system? I see you're using a few workarounds. 

Square for Restaurants is a good fit for both single and multi-location full service restaurants, and multi-location counter service restaurants. If you use Micros, Aloha, Harbortouch, Positouch, Toast, or Breadcrumb, Square for Restaurants can likely fit your needs at a lower cost. If the features of Square for Restaurants are too complex for your business needs, you can always use our free app, Square Point of Sale.

Please let me know by replying in this thread if you have any questions.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 2