x

Is there a option to have appetizers automatically print out at the top of the ticket?

Trying to have appetizers come out on top of the kitchen printer paper. Most times customer would order appetizers last or in the middle of the order so it would be great if it can regroup to be print on top.

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

There is no option for this for new items printed to the same printer.  They are printed in the order they are added to the transaction, period.  The only possible work-around would be to have a second printer — one that appetizers are routed to and one that mains are routed to.  But that wouldn’t solve the problem when some people order appetizers as mains and when that happens then all bets are off, eh?  

Having said all of that, are you saying that servers are just keying in entire orders — appetizers and mains, etc — at one time and firing them?  If that is the case, Square for Restaurants has a coursing option that you could use, allowing servers to fire courses to the kitchen as needed.  Otherwise, it seems that another easy solution would be the old-fashioned one — servers enter food and fire it as it is needed — appetizers first, then when the time is right, enter/fire the mains.  You might find restaurant coursing feature works for you.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Unfortunately I don't use Square for restaurants, do you @TheRealChipA ?  

It sounds like something that would definitely make sense

Message 2 of 3
Square Champion

Best Answer

There is no option for this for new items printed to the same printer.  They are printed in the order they are added to the transaction, period.  The only possible work-around would be to have a second printer — one that appetizers are routed to and one that mains are routed to.  But that wouldn’t solve the problem when some people order appetizers as mains and when that happens then all bets are off, eh?  

Having said all of that, are you saying that servers are just keying in entire orders — appetizers and mains, etc — at one time and firing them?  If that is the case, Square for Restaurants has a coursing option that you could use, allowing servers to fire courses to the kitchen as needed.  Otherwise, it seems that another easy solution would be the old-fashioned one — servers enter food and fire it as it is needed — appetizers first, then when the time is right, enter/fire the mains.  You might find restaurant coursing feature works for you.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 3 of 3