x

Item grid tab disappeared after update installed. How to restore the original grid?

After the last update on Friday of the Square app those tablets (Android) which installed the update showed the same error: the set items grids disappeared and the original empty grid with a circled number 1 was there asking to Arrange the Item Grid anew - which was not possible to do either. All other functions work, it is still possible to place orders on the Library tab.

Another tablet that had not installed that update showed no errors.

Has anybody ever experienced that problem, and if so... what is the solution to restore the item grid tabs again?!

Thank you for your input  and help 

Dev

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

We have the same problem.     I'm not sure of the cause but a temporary work around is to go to "Settings" and "Checkout" and click on the "Items" option and change it from "Text" to "Graphical".       We then can switch back to "Text" and it works for a while but then we have to do it again.     But at least they are still there.

Message 2 of 4

Today - after 6 days - we (@CheezeFactory) could figure out to re-configure our set-up items grid though we had no new specific update. From the Support Team representative came no answer nor solution except a repetitive request for name, business name, which app used and screenshot of the problem which we had sent already days ago, but was not seen. Still no response from the Support Team though we resent the requested info... Anyway, we tried to fiddle around in Settings - Item appearance: from Text to Image, putting it back to Text then restarting the tablet, after it disappeared again to an empty grid (see pic)IMG_20201205_183817.jpg

... until it stayed in our Text setting. Hopefully it will hold now. Thank you for sharing.

Message 3 of 4

I also opened a support ticket with a link to this thread and they just replied asking me to tell them what the problem was.

Message 4 of 4