x
Beta Member

Items gone fron POS

When our opening server opened the Square app, every item in every category was gone. Spoke with support and they said there is no backups and no way they could help. Had to rebuild whole pos on the fly. Some items we copied from another location but many had to be manually recreated and will have to keep entering frequent item like draft beer. Major disruption, has anyone experienced anything like this?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

@Flannel ;

As I see this is your First post welcome to the Square USers Forum.

I upload my Items in the POS or by csv files.  When I add a new Item or items I download a CSV file of my catalog.  I then upload this to my Google drive where it resides until I add more items and it gets replaced.  So if something like this were to happen I have a Backup of my Square Items Catalog that I can quickly Upload to Square.  

I have not seen anything like this with Square before and I have been with them since 2019.  I am wondering if a Disgruntled employee may have deleted your Items?  The Catalog in the Cloud would be a Time saver here just to help you in the future.  With it in the cloud you can Upload it to Square from the office, home, or on a vacation, as long as you have internet and a computer with you.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 2