x

Kitchen Ticket Printer

We recently added a kitchen ticket printer.  We now have the Register/Printer set up to only print Kitchen Ticket items.   For phone call/pick up orders, we used to write the ticket manually and give to kitchen, customer came in paid and receipt printed.    Is there a way to send the order to the kitchen and NOT have the kitchen ticket duplicate print when the order is picked up and paid for?  When we are busy we don't have time to run back and grab the ticket to keep from getting prepared.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Denise3 thanks for reaching out, happy to assist! 

To clarify when an order is placed a ticket is sent to the kitchen automatically, your just don't want it to reprint again when they pick it up and pay for it. That is what is happening right now. To clarify which print brand and model are you using as well? 

Message 2 of 4

Yes, that is what is happening.   We have a Star SP700 for the kitchen tickets.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

I will be honest I am not super familiar with how this can be done. I would recommend you reach out to Square Restaurants and they can confirm if this is possible and how to set it up. You can reach support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport

If you need anything else please feel free to reach back out! 

Message 4 of 4