x
Beta Member

Missing items on tickets

Been using Square for awhile now, noticed recently over the last 10-12 weeks tickets sent to the Kitchen printer will be missing 1 of 4 items.  This was not much of a problem over the 2 years Ive used Square, but now we're noticing at least 1 occurence, every business day.  I assumed it may have been a update issue, which would be corrected, but hasn't.

SO...

1.  I've already assigned which items print to certain locations. And verified items/print locations.  Again, been using for years now.

2.  When a problem has occured, I usually verify that the item was actually ordered [10/10 it was] just did not print to the Kitchen.

3.  VERY RARE:  An entire ticket will not print to the Kitchen, but will be recorded in the closed Transactions and/or Open ticket list.

4.  Square App is up to date across both POS stations, and both Ipad's are up to date as well.  Kitchen printer is wireless thru a router.  Router also reset.

Can other members noticing this problem or have ideas?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hmmmm...... you've gone through all the standard troubleshooting steps, that's for sure...

I don't have a wireless printer setup on my network--they're all ethernet printers--and I have not seen any drops at all with items, and I haven't heard any other sellers with issues, so let's keep digging...

-Do you have any other printers on your setup? Are they wireless and/or are you seeing lost items there? Are they the same model of printer as your current troublemaker printer?

-Have you added any new wireless routers or devices in the last 10-12 weeks? There my be a signal conflict happening. Somewhere in your router's configuration screens you can change what channel your router broadcasts on. Try setting it to a different number and see if that solves this problem.

-What router do you have? I've experienced issues with the UniFi routers having difficulties keeping two printers of the same model separate causing wierd drop issues with printers in Square.

-I had a random issue where a wireless network upgrade actually caused problems with my alarm system's wireless panic button in my office. The solution there was to move the device that broadcasted the button's signal wirelessly closer to the router. Something like that may be going on here.

Let's start there and see where we end up! 🙂

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2