x

Moving from CAKE to Square for Restaurants

Has anyone previously used Cake and switched to Square for Restaurants? We started using Cake in 2017 and are looking at possibly moving to Square instead. However, I am not familiar with restaurant POS systems (my experience is limited to retail businesses.) I was not involved with the original move from Aloha to Cake, so I don't really have any knowledge there, either. 

If you did switch from Cake to Square for Restaurants, what motivated the change? Were there capabilities in Square that weren't available in Cake? Are you a small-business owner, or part of a larger restaurant chain? Are there certain functionalities in Cake that are not available to you on Square? I'd love to pick your brain. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

@stephaniepolson thanks for your question and welcome to the Seller Community!

Tagging some members here who are well versed in Square for Restaurants. I am not sure if any have originally migrated from Cake, but hopefully they can help share insights!

@vinesandrushes@LukeNieuw, and @namastewatford 

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Seller Community
Message 2 of 3
Square Champion

We used Square for Restaurant from start of our restaurant in Dec 2019. I can share my experience of using it. However, no experience here on any migration

Message 3 of 3