x

Printing the printer station name on order tickets

Hello, when using a Ipad the printer staion name will not be printed on order tickets. When using a Android system it will be printed on the order tickets.

How can I get it to work on a Ipad?

Please advise!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Alumni

Hmm, I'm actually not certain if this is a bug or a feature that's just not available with the POS on iOS devices. @TastySuriname

@ryanwanner, can I pick your brain for a sec? Do you print out tickets from an iOS device? I don't have a POS setup to test right now.  

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 11
Square Champion

@JustinC Pick away! 🙂

I use iOS devices exclusively in my stores, and they do print the name of the terminal on all our tickets.

@TastySuriname the name of the terminal in iOS devices is pulled directly from the device itself, not inside the Square software.

iOS settings -> General -> About

Change the name you want to see printed on the tickets here, force close Square, restart the tablet, and reopen Square. You should see the name printed in the bottom right after that.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 3 of 11

@ryanwanner thanx for your reply. I don't mean the name of the device but the name of each printer I use. When installing a printer you can give it a name, this name is printed on the ticket (below the devicename) with Android, but not on IoS.

Is there a way to solve this.

Message 4 of 11
Square Champion

@TastySuriname Aha. See, if I would have taken the time to actually read your question I would be in a lot better of a place. Durrr..... 🙂

From what I can tell, there isn't a way to have the printer station print on the tickets in iOS. Terminal yes, but station no.

@JustinC is this something that can be looked at? And while the devs are banging around in the printer system code, can they look at a better naming convention for the printers themselves in the printer station settings? I have two identical star printers on my network: the only difference on the printer station screen is the IP address. I have to print test tickets each time I have to reset the printer stations..... 😐

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 5 of 11

@ryanwanner oke thanx for the reply, let's hope that @JustinC can help out here 😀 It would help out a lot if it would work on iOS

Message 6 of 11
Alumni

@ryanwanner  Ah, I definitely see how identical printers can cause a mix up when recreating stations. Not sure if the Product Team can provide a way to actually change the printer model name, but I'll bring your ideas to their attention the confirm if it's possible. 

@TastySuriname I reached out to our Hardware Team to grab an answer for you. I'm afraid tickets printed from iOS devices only display the device name given in iOS settings. Android devices prints the Station name. 

Weird, I know lol.  The difference in software systems bring about feature limitations, but hopefully we can change this in the future. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 11

@JustinC thanx for your reply, to bad of the limitations on iOS. If any changes come up please keep me posted.

Message 8 of 11
Beta Member

I would like to have this feature too on iOS

Message 9 of 11
Beta Member

I would like to have this feature too on iOS.

We use single printer to print out multiple tickets for different cook stations, from the same order. Instead of putting a printer in the kitchen, we print the ticket from the front and past it to kitchen. that save the cost of buying more printer. if we have the print name on each ticket, that help us to identify which ticket for different station. rather than looking at the order to tell which is for which.

Message 10 of 11
Square Community Moderator

We'll be sure to tag you in this thread once we have an update on this, @Chao! Thank you for adding your vote and letting us know how you'd like to use this feature in your day to day. 

Message 11 of 11