x

Problems with Sync

We are building a new POS Weebly website. We have all of the "Square Sync" settings set to "off". Yet when we change the menu item name, it changes the POS item name too. For example, our large pretzels are called "Jumbo Pirate Party Pretzels" but on the preexisting menu on the POS side, they have always been listed simply as "pretzels". After updating the name on the website, the name on the POS side also says "Jumbo Pirate Party Pretzels", making the name of a single item take up over half of our kitchen order touchscreen, making the whole system unusable. Am I missing something here? Thanka.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Hey @El_Capitan-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Titles will always sync across both the POS Item Library and the site:

Sorry for any confusion there! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 10

Thanks Isabelle, I do see that now  - but I am confused - that doesn't sound right. Doesn't that make the system unusable? For example, our pretzel on our menu is called 'Bethany's Pirate Parrrrty Pretzel'. However it has always been called the 'pretzel' on the POS. We use the KDS kitchen screen system. When we change the name for the website - one pretzel covers the whole KDS screen. What happens if you are a large retailer and you use product names in your online store, but want to use product numbers on the POS for checkout and tracking? We have been a long time Square customer, and on a relative basis, probably one of the very first. We are currently using the Gloria Food online ordering system, and the Square system already has a number of disadvantages compared to that. We want to switch to Square so we can better track our sales - but this seems like a deal killer. Marc - El Capitan.

Message 3 of 10

Hi Isabelle, trying to follow up on this question - thanks - Marc - El Capitan's

Message 4 of 10
Alumni

Hey @El_Capitan - as Isabelle mentioned, item names will sync across the Online Store and POS regardless. 

If having 2 different names is vital for your biz, perhaps create 2 separate items - one for POS use and another for Online Store use. Make sure to mark the synced POS item as hidden on your site.  Keep in mind, you'll need to update stock individually. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 10

I can not disable item description sync

I need to disable item description sync in square online so that I can use the rich text in my store but I find it impossible to turn off. When I toggle the sync switch to off it will not remain off and I cannot save it to off. As soon as I toggle the switch to off and then select any other option it automatically returns to the on position - It simply will not remain off - Thanks

Message 6 of 10

I apologize for submitting this troubleshooting problem to a few different boards but because a board dedicated specifically to fixing website glitches does not seem to exist there doesn't seem to be any other option. Hopefully someone can direct me to the website builders.

I need to disable item description sync in square online so that I can use the rich text in my store but I find it impossible to turn off. When I toggle the sync switch to off it will not remain off and I cannot save it to off. As soon as I toggle the switch to off and then select any other option it automatically returns to the on position - It simply will not remain off - Thanks

Message 7 of 10
Square Community Moderator

@ironhorsepatrol This definitely seems like a bug, so I would recommend contacting Weebly Support ASAP so they can take a look and file a ticket with engineering. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 8 of 10

Hello Ashley, I followed your advice and the engineering group are aware of the problem and as soon as the bug is squashed (yuck!) they will email me with the results. - Thank you for helping out.

Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

This is good to hear, @ironhorsepatrol! Thanks for reaching back out and letting us know. Keep us updated with your progress! We want to make sure this gets solved for you.

Joe
Message 10 of 10