x

Terminal compatibility covid (food truck)

I’d like some help.  We have the iPad 10.2” as well as the square terminal. Up until this point we were using the iPad and chip reader. When I purchased the terminal it has a sticker that says “now compatible with iPad 10.2.  Washington state is serious about Covid and the health department wants us to have less contact with the client.  Can I use my iPad in conjunction with terminal?  Meaning I would use the iPad and the guest would have the terminal?  Otherwise we have to skip the tipping option( totally sucks, $4000 loss per month).  I may have to bail on square all together if I can’t get this to work.  Help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Does anyone even read the questions.  I

mean whatcha gotta do to get a **bleep** response?

Message 2 of 4
Alumni

It's not possible to connect your Terminal to an iPad, as the Square Terminal is a standalone product @Barbacoa.

The sticker is letting you know that the Terminal and the iPad will communicate with one another regarding transactions, open tickets, items, etc. What this means is that you can pull up existing transactions or open tickets on either device. This does not mean that you can input a sale amount into checkout on the iPad, with the Terminal functioning as a reader/customer-facing screen. That would be a feature that is not currently available, @Barbacoa.

Have you thought about communicating to your customers that tips will need to be entered by a staff member? You can also put a sign on the outside of your truck letting customers know how they can tip? I know these suggestions aren't exactly what you're looking for, but I hope they help! 

If you are ever in need of immediate assistance from our team, you will want to reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here to give us a call.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 4

I’d like some help.  We have the iPad 10.2” as well as the square terminal. Up until this point we were using the iPad and chip reader. When I purchased the terminal it has a sticker that says “now compatible with iPad 10.2.  Washington state is serious about Covid and the health department wants us to have less contact with the client.  Can I use my iPad in conjunction with terminal?  Meaning I would use the iPad and the guest would have the terminal?  Otherwise we have to skip the tipping option( totally sucks, $4000 loss per month).  I may have to bail on square all together if I can’t get this to work.  Help.

Message 4 of 4