x
Beta Member

Was the Item Count Modifier feature removed?

Prior to updating, I could just long press an item and update the count or disable an item entirely. (Restaurants App) Since updating, I am unable to do this. Any fixes?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: "Item Count Modifier"

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square Community Moderator

This sounds like a good question for our Restaurants team, @mnarewal

They can take a look at your account with you to help shine a light here, as they can look at your account alongside you to pinpoint what's going on with this missing feature. Please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 11

Is it safe to assume there was no solution to this, since I installed Square for Restaurants last week and that function still doesn't work?

Message 3 of 11
Beta Member

The inventory system has been catastrophically useless since updating to the new Restaurants app.

• We used to update counts and availability with a long press. Now we have to scroll through the edit item screens to update the count
  • Even after updating availability, the count isn't displayed, so you have to go back into the edit item screen to see your current count
  • Items no longer 86 properly when the count reaches zero--so why did we bother updating availability in the first place?

My team has reverted to pen and paper because no one on Square Support team has been able to provide meaningful answers.

If this is expected behavior, it's a massive oversight from the Products team. 😞

Message 4 of 11

I see no reason to upgrade to the paid version of Restaurants. The Auto 86 doesn't work, the "busy mode" for order timing doesn't work. Those were the two features I was really interested in. Square loves making money; they really have no desire to support their products. 

Message 5 of 11
Beta Member

@Square @mnarewal 

I would like to voice my support to bring back the "long hold" to quickly update item counts, as well as the display of the count (small #) on the item tile.

I can confirm that the auto "86" or auto "sell out" does not work properly when the item count reached zero. This causes restaurants to oversell and could create customer dissatisfaction. 

Please look in to this. Thank you!

Message 6 of 11

Agreed, do you have any updates as to whether or not this function is expected to return?

Message 7 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Crabcakes21613 

We do not have any updates at this time, but will definitely post back here when we do have more information to share. 

Message 8 of 11

Thank you for the response Bernadettea. I'd like to communicate that this is a VERY important function to our business. 

Without this functioning we are being left in a position for repetitive failure from the Square for Restaurants program.

Anything you can do to communicate the urgency of this to your team on our behalf would be much appreciated. 

Message 9 of 11

PLEASE bring back the old item count functionality. Servers need to be able to glance at the menu screen and quickly see how many of an item is left, especially nightly specials. With the update, servers have to click and hold the item button, scroll down and click on manage stock just to see the current count. Also, the currently system of updating the counts AFTER it is committed or sent to the kitchen/bar is really bad. I had a item with count of 1 but a server was able to order 3 of that item. Then the count updated to -2 and became sold out after the order had already gone to the kitchen. Servers are constantly running to the kitchen to get counts and even worse, servers only know from the kitchen that an ordered item is out when the course gets fired. This means returning to the guest table, explaining and asking them to order something else, and then having the entire table wait for that one item to be cooked before the entire course can be served together.

Message 10 of 11

This is a major issue for us as well!

Message 11 of 11