x
Beta Member

What's the most efficient way to set up liquor items/variations in Square?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Liquor Variations

Hi There - 

We are a new bar - but not new to Square.  We are trying to set up our items/variations/menus in the most efficient way for both the bartenders and us (for tracking)

For example:

Category:   Vodka

Item:           Grey Goose

Variation:    ??

Modification:  Cranberry, Soda, Martini, etc.

A Grey Goose and Cran, is 1.5 oz of Vodka

A Grey Goose Martini is 3.0 oz of Vodka

How do I set it up using the decimal for ounces?

I know it is probably simple, but I can't seem to figure it out!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

Message 1 of 23
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Apt9F! Helen here stepping in for @ashc!

I'm not sure using decimal quantities is going to be the most efficient for your bar. At this time there isn't a way to apply a specific number of units to an item before it's sold. When you create a unit for an item you will be prompted to enter how many units are sold each time you ring up that item.

For example, if you create an item called Single and use the Ounce/Fluid Ounce unit > when you go to the Checkout section of the app and add a Single you'll be prompted to enter the number of units you're selling. In your case you'd enter 1.5 for a single, 3 for a Martini and so on. If that works for you that's great but I think it's not what you're looking for! 

It might be easier to create an item for each drink and use variations for the size or for the different versions, and _then_ add the brand as a modifier. There are a few different ways to set up items but I'd also recommend looking at reports on your Dashboard too you can see what's tracked and how.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Beta Member

Thank you for your reply!  Can you please pop in on the thread that I linked below.  Square appears to be ignoring it completely, and it looks really bad for you guys.  People are angry about this simple and obvious missing feature and we can't even get a response from square.  It's insult to injury.

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-Point-of-Sale-app/Feature-Request-Automatically-add-a-bott...

Message 22 of 23
Beta Member

This is horrible that this simple functionality isn't available.

Message 23 of 23