x
Beta Member

Where have they hidden the new gift card fees on a report?

So I now understand why my transfers have been off. Square has started taking a fee to load gift cards. Thanks for letting me know. Oh wait, you didn't. 

For years, I have used the Sales Report to enter our sales into quickbooks.  Nowhere on this report does it state what fees have been deducted.  I have seven tranfers that don't match and I'd like a simple way to make them match without having to figure it out myself. It's got to be somewhere, right?  Before I found out on these boards about this new fee, I made a spreadsheet to try to find out where the money was going. I know I can simply subtract the real transfer from the amount on the sales report but I shouldn't have to do that. I shouldn't have to compare what my bank says to what square report says, right?

Cheers-Kim

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Actually @kimapollo load fees on Gift Cards were announced weeks ago.  In fact there are a few discussion threads right here on this board where people came to gripe and complain and do all the things that always happen when fees increase.  I know because I was in the thick of a few of those discussions!  So, while I understand your frustration, snark and sarcasm are not warranted.  I received an email on the subject, too, as did all Square sellers as far as I know.

Otherwise, I agree with you that these fees should be on the Sales Summary Report, which is the one I believe you are referring to.  However, right now, the ONLY place I see GC Load fees broken out is on the daily balance summary (see screen shot).  Unfortunately, this is not a downloadable report (I have made a feature request to make it a downloadable CSV, but that might take a while).  So, manual checking and entry will be required.  An alternative would be for you to add a line to your spreadsheet to calculate this for your daily gift card sales, so that you can eliminate the manual part of it.  Now that you know that it exists, that should be simple enough.

One last thing.  Square has a product updates board where major announcements are made, as well as a monthly recap is posted.  It is found here.  You can click on Options > Subscribe and you’ll get notifications in a daily email when new things are posted here. 

Sorry I can’t be of more help.  

IMG_5130.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2