x
Beta Member

Why do cash payments show an “awaiting capture” status on dashboard?

We recently made the switch to the square register from the restaurant iPad app. Our cash payments are not being reflected on our sales reports automatically.

When I go to the online dashboard cash transactions list a status of “awaiting capture”.    

I had to go back and run close of day on the iPad and then they showed up on our sales report. What steps do I need to take in order to “capture” cash payments on the register?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

We are having the exact same issue... since Monday morning (6/22/2020) only credit card transactions are completing.. ALL cash sales are stuck in an "Awaiting Capture" status

Message 2 of 4
Alumni

@uruapani @spindlef - eek, sounds off. Cash payment should immediately capture since it's not a card payment. Reach out to our CS Team so they can file a ticket with Engineering.

Keep us updated! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 4

Resolved! I called into support (VERY helpful) and it was determined that since I had the Points of Sale -> Service Settings -> Reopen Checks -> Reopen Method option set to 'Keep Payment Method', all of our cash transactions were pending the running of close of day from the terminal.

Message 4 of 4