x
Admin

Beta Now Recruiting for Advanced Inventory Management: Sell-by Multiple Unit Types

We're testing a new way to manage inventory through your Square Dashboard using Square for Retail.

Previously, we only offered basic inventory management needs for finished goods. This new feature will allow you to track inventory for items sold in different units of measure (i.e., wine by the bottle or glass). We are excited to offer this new feature that has been greatly requested by our sellers. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 12.13.10 PM.png

If you’d like to join this beta, please reply to this post with “I’m in” and we will enable you and send you a Getting Started email once the beta starts. 

To share feedback, trouble shoot any issues you may have, and to engage with our team, please make sure you are a member of our Beta Community, a private community where you can provide input, get support on the latest features, report bugs, and submit product requests.

**Please note that for this test you do have to be subscribed to Square for Retail**

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62
Super Seller

I'm in, we were running into this same challenge with soups (Cup or Bowl)

Message 43 of 63
Beta Member

I'm in. 

Message 44 of 63
Beta Member

im in

Message 45 of 63

Im in

Message 46 of 63
Beta Member

I am so in...was just creating separate items for our wine tasting and realized that I would have to split my inventory.  This will make it a lot easier.

Message 47 of 63
Beta Member

I'm in

Message 48 of 63
Beta Member

In in 

Message 49 of 63
Beta Member

I'm in 

Message 50 of 63
Beta Member

I’m in

Message 51 of 63
Super Seller

I'm In

This would help greatly but in your example above your could use SKU of RED-2092G and RED-2092B for the difference between Glass and Bottle for a scanner

Since Square is looking into update this advance inventory system is there anyway to ad a drop down to Stock Action for people that sell multiple ways.  When I sell items on my own website, and need to reduce inventory in Square I need to choose damage, theft or Inventory Recount to lower my stocks at Square. Having another option like sold through other means would be great.  I figure other merchants may sell their items multiple ways too.  My accountant told me to hire fulltime security for all the theft I had and put Gorilla glue on my employees hands since usually I choose one of these 2 methods to lower my stock counts at Square POS.

Attached is a screen shot of what I am referring to.

Sold by other means (online, etsy, ebay etc)Sold by other means (online, etsy, ebay etc)

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 52 of 63
Beta Member

Im in

Message 53 of 63
Beta Member

I'm in.

Message 54 of 63

Can we please get this moving? We've been waiting for months since the announcement, and long before that to get this feature added. Talked to tech support several times and they can not give me a date or timeframe. 

Message 55 of 63
Beta Member

I am in

Message 56 of 63
Beta Member

I'm in

Message 57 of 63
Super Seller

I'm in!  😊

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 58 of 63
Beta Member

I’m in! 

Message 59 of 63
Super Seller

I'm In!

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 60 of 63
Super Seller

I would like to try this feature

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 61 of 63

im in

Message 62 of 63
Beta Member

I'm in

...if it isn't too late. We need this feature soooo bad and I have lots of other POS experience. 

Message 63 of 63