x

online sale price start and end dates

Hello, I am starting to do flash sales online only. Is there a way to put a start and end date on the online sale price? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@SmithMaker 

I think what you would want to use is an online coupon with a specific discount automatically applied to the specific item.

Go to your online store ---- Settings ---> Coupons --->

You can set up a coupon on just that item but the customer has to enter the coupon code to get the discount.  In the point of sale you can set up an automatic discount.  I know you are looking for set sales ranges that default back to the automatic price, but I don't think that exact functionality is there just yet.  I would just advertise your flash sale with the coupon code and you can do a pop up saying use this coupon code for 5$ off this widget 11-23-20 only!

Customers are more inclined to use them than you realize.  I will definitely pass along though the desire to have time limited sales as a discount online!  I think this is a great idea!

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 3

Thank you for responding! I was aware of effective dates for coupons, but was really hoping to have them for specific price points. We really want to drive sharp price points on specific items this holiday season. It's much more difficult to do that with a coupon. Hopefully, this is something that will change down the road. Thanks!

Message 3 of 3