x

App doesn't search SKUs when using scanner, only item names

I purchased the a bluetooth scanner, Socket Mobile 7Ci CX2870-1409 Bluetooth Cordless Hand Scanner, to use with my square system. I use an ipad mini and don't have a square stand.

When I enter item SKUs to an existing item in my square app, then scan the matching barcode, the scanner reads the barcode and pulls up the number but can't find the item. It seems that the app is only searching item names and not their corresponding SKU. I've tested this and changed an item name to be the SKU, which does work when I scan. So, the only way I can have my items be called up by the scanner is if the item names are actually the barcode number. For example, item "Chips" with a SKU 123456654321 can't be found by the scanner, but if I change "Chips" to "123456654321" the item is found. This doesn't seem right so I must be missing something...I should be able to keep the item name to "Chips."

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

It's not necessary thank you:) we had an issue with our Symbol zebra scanner we reset it to fix the problem 

Message 22 of 25
Square Community Moderator

I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve this, @MulligansuSG1! Please let us know if you have any further questions, we're happy to help 🙂

Message 23 of 25

I totally agree !!

Message 24 of 25

According to my research (June 2018) the iPad Mini is NOT supported for use with the scanner, only the full-sized iPad. (Though I would rather only use the Mini).

Message 25 of 25