x

App not starting offline

Till now, the app worked on my iPhone even though there wasn’t any data at the time, (connected it at night) and now, it says error and gives 2 options: “try again” or “log out”.

Anyone else have this issue?

Anyway to fix this??

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LKWD- Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

Is there a specific action you're attempting to perform when you see this message? Square requires an active Internet connection to process payments. This can be either a Wi-Fi connection or a data service (such as 4G, 5G or EDGE).

I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

I’m trying to use the iPhone as a barcode scanner to take inventory, and check the prices, and as of 2 weeks ago, I didn’t need to have a data connection to start the app.

Now, when I open the app, when on airplane mode/no data, it says:

Connection error

Unable to connect to the Internet. Please check your network connection and try again.

Try again

when I press Try again it says:

Connection error

Unable to connect to the Internet. Please check your network connection and try again.

Error code: FDBZ

Try again

Sign out

I haven’t updated the app, and it used to work without any data.

Message 3 of 5

I’m not trying to take payment.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Got it. Thanks for providing those additional details, @LKWD.

For this issue, we'll need you to connect with our Support Team so they can gather the information required to create a support ticket, as we cannot access your Square account information here in the Seller Community. Then, our engineers can investigate this further.

If you haven't already,
please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5