x

Can I use a Cost of Goods Sold report and barcode scanner with the free trial of Square for Retail?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Square for Retail - Free version

I'm having trouble finding info on what features are included in Square for retail.

1. Can a barcode scanner be used with the free version?

2. Can the cost of goods sold and those reporting features be used in the free version?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there, @Go2brew!

You should be able to find these answers within this article from our Support Center.

1. Using a barcode scanner with the free version of Square for Retail is currently supported! Keep in mind, you'll need to print labels outside of Square. (Barcode labels from your Square Dashboard is available if you upgrade to Square for Retail Plus.)

2. The automated cost of goods sold reports are only available with Square for Retail Plus.

I hope this helps clarify the answers you were looking for 😊
Let me know if other questions pop up!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there, @Go2brew!

You should be able to find these answers within this article from our Support Center.

1. Using a barcode scanner with the free version of Square for Retail is currently supported! Keep in mind, you'll need to print labels outside of Square. (Barcode labels from your Square Dashboard is available if you upgrade to Square for Retail Plus.)

2. The automated cost of goods sold reports are only available with Square for Retail Plus.

I hope this helps clarify the answers you were looking for 😊
Let me know if other questions pop up!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2