x

Cannot Upload Purchase Orders to Square for Retail

Hi, 

Maria here from Mil Mundos ~ we're a brick and mortar bookstore in Brooklyn with an online store. We have just switched over from Lightspeed to Square for Retail over the New Years weekend, and are just getting started with Purchase Orders on this platform. 

We had many titles that we needed to order, but because the Auto PO feature in Square is based not on reorder points but on past sales within Square, it didn't have the information it needed for us to use it, even with Low Stock Alerts turned on. 

Yesterday I downloaded Square's PO's template, loaded it into Google Sheets, added title information that was pulled directly from a Square Inventory export, and tried to upload it, however there is an ongoing issue with how it is reading headers in the csv. I spent over two hours of the morning waiting for live chat and talking to customer service to try and get this sorted, and got a (very kind) email back with a response saying "that some of the items you were trying to import are not in the library on your dashboard." All of the items were pulled straight from a Square export though, and even when I tried again with only one item that for sure is in our Inventory, I got the same issue, which seems to be Heading related and not item related. This is probably such an obvious answer for some that have been using Square for a bit, but I can't find anything about this issue anywhere - not even a video on Youtube of someone uploading their own Purchase Orders! We needed to place our orders with vendors yesterday to stay on track for January and now we're not sure if we'll be able to do it at all this week unless we submit pdf's from Google Sheets.

I've attached screenshots here - hoping that maybe someone here has some experience with this. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 8.30.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 8.50.12 AM.png

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @milmundosnyc - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋 I see this is your first post here so additionally, I'd like to welcome you! 🥳

I see your post here is from Tuesday. I took a look at your previous cases with our Support Team and it looks like you were able to get in touch with someone yesterday who helped resolved this issue.

If this issue has not been resolved, please let us know and we'd be happy to help further.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi _Alanah!

No, our issue has not been solved unfortunately. What's the best way to get help with this? 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there again @milmundosnyc - Thanks for your reply. 

I just sent you a DM to follow up on this conversation. Feel free to reply back to me there. Thank you!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4