x

'Custom Amount' transaction records via our Squarespace website

Hello, 

We use SquareUp as our payment processor for our website that was built on Squarespace. When running transaction report, Square will only show 'custom amount' and the total. No inventory item or tax are noted. This is not the case for reports generated on Squarespace. How can we make it so that Square reports provide sale break down for those transactions that occur through Squarespace?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hi @UnionGalleryNOL.  Square is only an optional payment processor for your Squarespace online store sales.  I looked at their help documentation for Square integration (on the Squarespace site) and it implies that they are only sending the total amount of the transaction to Square for approval.  They don’t break it out.

If you want that integration to be more than simple card processing, that would be a feature request to Squarespace.  I’m not sure how they’d do it, but I’m guess it would involve syncing your Squarespace item catalog with Square’s.  If they don’t already have that feature, it wouldn’t be a quick one to develop.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 4

Thank you for your helpful reply.

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Can you down load your sales data from your Squarespace Website as a CSV?

If you can you can open the csv File in Google Sheets then from the top Navigation bar you can insert a Pivot Table and sort and filter data by changing fields in the Pivot Table Editor.  You can also do this with SquareUp dashboard csv files to get better visuals on this data.    Especially on your Monthly Balance Deposit Report, the csv file shows you ever transaction where as the Pivot Table can show you the totals By Sales Date or Deposit Date.  

You can also do this in Excel by Inset Pivot Table too, just google sheets is free.

I ran into the same issue when I used Square as a credit card processor for my website, my webhost would just send the total to Square for approval and in my square reports it just showed Custom amount.   Since I downloaded my sales data as a csv, I was able to upload it to my QuickBooks files and get better reports that way or from my actual webhost (in your case Squarespace) . Maybe you can see better reports for your Online sales through SquareSpace and not SquareUp.  Just a thought.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 4