x

Delete inventory items or turn off tracking?

Hello,

We are a brick and mortar home goods retail store.  We have many product lines that are carried all the time, but we also have items that we discontinue as well as a lot of vintage/antique one of a kind items that will never be restocked.  What the best business case -- turn of tracking for those items or delete them from inventory?  I don't know how the 2 options affect reporting, tracking, etc. 

Thanks!

Karen

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@Forager ;

Before turning off or deleting an item that you no longer want to stock or can get I would wait till inventory count hits 0.

You may want to just turn off low stock notifications.  Tracking you want on so you can tell if you have 2 or 3 of that item if a customer wants more than one.  If you delete it and you have it Barcoded in the system you would not be able to scan the item at Checkout any longer.  

So I would just go into the items and Turn off Low Stock notifications, and then once the items hits 0 in stock then you can delete the item to speed up looking for items and not scrolling through items you no longer stock. 

Turning off Tracking - is just as it says.... you will have the item listed but have no idea how many are in stock

Deleting the Item - You would have to manually enter the price when it is sold.

So I think the best selection is just turn off the Low Stock notifications so when you check out a person with one of those items you do not get the warning sawing your low on stock or get daily emails about that item.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 2