x

Edit "Untracked Team Members"

I decided to add Square for Retail in part so that I could run reports on sales by team member. I have the Square Terminal set up so that we are to log in with a code every time we go to make a sale.

I have noticed that occasionally it is open and ready to go without requiring a passcode. Because of this, a few sales have slipped through without a passcode and so I have sales attributed to "untracked team members". 

We keep a separate notebook of sales for this reason, and I can identify the team members, but that means my reports are wrong, like, forever. 

How can I go in and edit who the sale is credited to?

Message 1 of 32
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi! Thanks so much for reaching out about this. I hear you that this can be super annoying when the App moves into Untracked Employee status... especially when your goal is to record your team's sales. The untracked employee is something that occurs when you have a general team passcode. It is meant for sellers who want to have passcode security and not track sales. 

There are a couple things I want to check out here, but the main one is ensuring the Team Passcode setting is disabled in the Point of Sale app. You will see this under Settings > Passcodes > Allow Team Passcodes (make sure this is off).

Also, on the same screen, make sure to "Require Passcode After Each Sale," and that the app times out "never." This will keep the app from timing out of an employee's sign in and going to a team passcode, or untracked employee. 

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

I really think this has solved my problem I had with attributing a sale/tips. Thank you!

Is there a way to attribute old sales/tips? 

Message 22 of 32
Beta Member

My team sales report isn't showing/assigning tips correctly. It's showing their hours correctly but it isn't putting their tips on there.  It's lumping all of the tips under untracked team members. What is going on and how do I fix this?

Message 23 of 32
Alumni

Hmm, could be a couple things that's preventing tips from being tracked. 

1. Require Passcode isn't enabled in Device settings when payments are being processed.
  2.  Or, a general team passcode that employees share for a set permission group is used 

Do you pay for Team Plus or the free Team Permissions subscription?  

@Bar901

Justin
Message 24 of 32
Beta Member

We do pay for team plus, whatever the $35 per month one is. 

Message 25 of 32

Thanks for the quick response, @Bar901! Thanks for clarifying which tier of Team Management you are using.

Were you able to double check the settings that Justin mentioned above? If so, and you are still experiencing issues with tip distribution, we would recommend flagging this over to our Support Team. They will be able to enter your account with you to see where the issue lays.

Joe
Message 26 of 32
Beta Member

Yep that fixed the issue

Message 27 of 32

I'm having the same issues with my payroll/ tip distribution. Half of the tips are assigned to Untracked team members. 

How do I fix this. Out team shares one passcode. We are currently paying for team plus. 

Message 28 of 32

Hey there @graceivers I am sorry you are running into issues as well with assigning tips. For account protection, we cannot discuss payroll and account specific information through our public forum. Please reach out to Customer Support 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport so they can look into this further and get this resolved. Thank you so much! 

Message 29 of 32

I am the owner & only Team member. I also don't have or require the password since I'm the only one. BUT I still have 7 transaction this month that says 'Untracked Team Member'. How is that even possible?

Message 30 of 32

I am seeing the same thing in Square Invoices.  I am the only user/team member, but every month I have several hundred dollars of sales attributed to Untracked Team Member.  Any idea why?

Message 31 of 32

I found more info.  All Invoices that are paid by ACH transfer ("bank transfer" in reports) is attributed to "Untracked Team Members".  Is this a bug?

Message 32 of 32