x

Email Marketing - Has anyone utilized this and what worked good for you?

I want to start a campaign for my loyal customers and new customers. Can someone tell me what worked well? 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

I added a discount of 10% off their next service, which worked well. I normally include upcoming events and general business news.

I would also like to be able to offer a discount code for clients to use in my online store on retail goods, but there is no option to do so. 

Message 2 of 13
Alumni

Good to hear the 10% off discount worked, @ambikaherbals.

I'll pass along your suggestion for online store discounts to our product liaison team.

Message 3 of 13
Beta Member

I too have customers attempting to use codes in our online store. It seems a logical place to redeem them. I've attempted to explain that they can link it to a card and then try, but apparently it only works when they come to our physical location. Which after all is what we want them to ultimately do. But they'd like to complete the purchase online and just come pick up their order.
Message 4 of 13

I only have an online store and am very diappsointed that I can't actually utilize the discount for online sales.  

Message 5 of 13
Square

Definitely see how that would be useful to have have discounts work both online and in store. Though that isn't available, you can create a "promo code" (or discount) for your Online Store and share it out by adding it to an announcement marketing campaign. 

To create a discount (also called promo codes) for your customers to use in your Online Store:
- Sign in to Discounts in your Square Dashboard.
- Click *Create Discount* and add the discount details.
- Toggle on "*Make this discount available in your online store*" and add the promo code information. 
- Click *Save*.

Message 6 of 13

Is it possible to get this feature extension added? This is a make or break for me on whether I want to pay for the marketing features. 

Message 7 of 13
Square

Don't have an ETA on when this feature would be available, @photoben. We've passed the feedback on to the team that works on our Marketing campaigns, and we'll update this thread with any updates! 

Message 8 of 13

Hello All, I wonder if there is a way to view my current inventory count for a particular item within the register app. It would be helpful to see this info at the time of the sale.

Thanks in advance.

Message 9 of 13
Square

@Eoluke Great question! Inventory management is not currently available in the Square Register app but it's absolutely a request we have heard before. I'll be sure to share your request with our product team! 

Message 10 of 13
Beta Member

I have used this extensivly w both returning customers $5 off after so many visits and a 10%off for folks who haven't been n for a period of time. It's awesome generates a lot of excitement . I have an email as well as a loyalty program thru Square. So many good things about square to mention.
Message 11 of 13

Why don't we have access to our customers' email addresses?  The only ones out of all my hundreds of customers that Square lets me see are my own and one other.  Am I missing something?

Message 12 of 13
Square Community Moderator

@4g This is a very popular feature request and we hope to have more options for you soon –  we're currently working on it!  

As of right now, if your customers agree to provide their contact information, so long as you have Customer Management turned on you can add this information into your customer directory during checkout and have access to it through your Square Dashboard at any time. 

Message 13 of 13