x

Feature Request: Modifier Set using Discount Percent

We are in retail (thrift) and have a use case where we want to discount items based on the price tag color on the item.  So blue tag items would be 50% off but yellow tag items would be 25% off.  (We use variable pricing on all items - entered at sale based on the tag amount)

To do this, we'd like to use modifier.  Enter the item, choose the tag color from the Modifiers, enter the variable price from the physical tag and let the system auto-calculate the % discount from the modifier set. 

Basically, instead of always thinking of the restaurant "upcharge" scenario, need to allow for retail discounting like this, but maintaining it at the Modifier Set level so it can be applied easily across items and categories. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

@dwheat 

This might be an option for you since you are hand keying every price.  Lets say you have red green and blue.  Set up a category for red, green, and blue and then you would have your items listed under each category.  Yes you would have some duplicates say clothing or household.  

So you would have red clothing, green clothing, blue clothing.  You can set up an automatic discount based on each category for your percentage.  10% red, 20% blue, 30% green etc.  This would automatically apply the discount to every item in that category. 

On the point of sale you could just set up a category link button with the color you want and when the cashier taps that category it would pop up the items.  You would still be able to pull reports on all the items you sell, but you would just have to manually add the red clothing, blue clothing etc.

Hope this helps.  By doing it by categories you can get really flexible and creative with discounts.  You can do it by item level also but I would just name each item by the tag color..red clothing...red housewares...red furniture etc.

Donnie

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 5

What's the outcome on this. I just bought the square register and want to do exactly this. Is the only way to do this? I'm hopeful to have a setup ready for Monday. I've searched everywhere and can can't find a guide to do what dwgeat is saying. Please help. Lol TIA

Message 3 of 5

Also I don't want to have to reprint 30,000 barcodes. Lol

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @MOHOTHRIFT 👋 Welcome to the Seller Comunity! 

This is still considered a feature request. We will make sure to update this thread when and if we receive updates from the product team!

Message 5 of 5