x

Gift Cards not showing up on Square Retail/Online

Hi everyone,

I've tried everything to enable e-gift cards... I've checked  Sell eGift Cards in Store and enabled it on the Square Online website, added to navigation... but no matter what i do, it wont show up under my Items/Categories nor on my Square Retail POS app.

Any help here?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

HI, not sure if this can help, Square Support page for egift cards.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6000-square-egift-cards

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 15

Did you ever resolve this? I've just spent a long time trying to figure out why no matter how many times I set and reset the toggle for the e-gift cards it won't show up in the online store. If you figured it out, I'd love to hear how? Thanks!

Message 3 of 15
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @BlissfulBelly & @fadedmoke 

Gift Cards & eGift Cards will not show up as items on your Square Online Store. As of now, you can only sell them through a link to the web portal for eGift Cards.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 15

What do you mean by the "web portal" for eGift...?

Message 5 of 15
Super Seller Alumni

@BlissfulBelly 

eGift Cards are sold through their own little mini website.

When you go into your Square Online Store dashboard, go into Items, and then Gift Cards, you can turn on eGift Cards and there's also the option to add a link to your navigation bar on your website.

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 5.07.50 PM.png

If that didn't work, you can go into Gift Card Settings on your web dashboard:

https://squareup.com/dashboard/gift-cards/electronic/configure 

That should show you the link to your little eGift Card sales page.

It's separate and not integrated into your Square Online store, but you can link out to it from your store.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 6 of 15

Thank you, yes - I checked off the link to add the navigation bar on the website - so that's why I'm confused why I can't see anything?

I still don't understand - there is no where on the sales page where customers can buy or use the gift card, so yes, I can copy the url for the e-gift card to social media (if not on website) but where do they use it? It doesn't come up even at the check out after putting in items.

Thanks - I really want to figure this out. I have customers asking.

Message 7 of 15
Super Seller Alumni

@BlissfulBelly @What’s the link to your square store?

A button saying Gift Cards should show up in your menu/navigation bar that would lead to that link to buy an eGift card. You can also create a button or link anywhere on your website out to the link to buy e-gift cards from you. You can manually add it to your navigation bar too, if you go into edit website and edit the navigation bar and add a link. 

To use the gift cards, when customers check out, in the payment section there should be a little link that says “+ Add Gift Card”. 
As of right now it doesn’t show up for delivery orders, but does for all other kinds of orders. 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 8 of 15

https://store.blissfulbelly.ca/

Yes, that's the problem, nothing is showing up - nothing shows up at the checkout. I will try to add it manually, thanks. (I've had no problem adding a coupon code but the Gift Card isn't showing up like it should.) I appreciate your help!

Message 9 of 15
Super Seller Alumni

@BlissfulBelly 

Yea your whole navigation menu is missing - you’d have to manually turn it on and add something to it for it to show up. 

The gift card in checkout shows up for me. You need to get all the way to the payment info section of the checkout Process. 

C1741669-99EF-49DF-ADB0-64DA5BA8A0B4.jpeg

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 10 of 15

Really, the whole navigation menu is missing? This is what I get (screen shot) when I add an item. Is that what you mean by the navigation menu?  Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 5.06.14 PM.png

Message 11 of 15

Are you saying I have to manually turn on the navigation bar for it to show up, or a customer needs to? If I can do that, where do I find it? Thanks again!

Message 12 of 15
Super Seller Alumni

@BlissfulBelly 

That is just your Cart - there's more.

Yes, you would need to turn on your Navigation bar.

Go into Edit Website, click on Header, and there should be a toggle to turn on Navigation:

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 20.35.27.png

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 13 of 15

It's not resolved its 2023, did you resolve it 

Message 14 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi @cecierdd - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your gift cards has brought you to the Seller Community.

If the suggestions on this thread haven't improved things, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here for further assistance. It's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your account with you, which we aren't able to do via the Seller Community.

I hope this helps!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 15