x

Help! How do I export a cycle count?

I just completed a full count of every single item in my clothing boutique to capture my year-end inventory.  How in the world do I export it? 

I know I can export my Items Library.  But, I do not believe that notes the old inventory versus counted inventory.  I know there are a few discrepancies, so just the item library list (without a discrepancy report) would not be helpful. 

Foolishly, I assumed Square would give me the option to export upon completion of my 8-hour task.  Not so.  Please help!  I really don't want to print out my stock list that is 23 pages and check each line manually.  

Additional information: I have Square for Retail Plus.  I conducted inventory count on my iPad using the >Inventory >Adjust Stock >Count function and scanned the barcode on each item.  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @nikkifromwi, and welcome to the Seller Community

This sounds like a good question for our Retail team

They can take a look at your account with you to help shine a light here. Please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

any answer for how to export counts? 

I really want to export the full count information before I reconcile it (ie replace my current item library with the recently counted one).

Message 3 of 8

Here is the response I got when I emailed the support team:

To export your previous counts, you can access them on the Square Dashboard

Go to Items -  Inventory Management - Stock counts

You will then be able to select the cycle count that was completed.

It didn't work for me (I had already tried this on my own right after completing the count), and I gave up trying and used the new Full Count inventory tool that rolled out a day after I completed my count.  

Hopefully it works for you!

Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

this didn't work for me either.  there is no export option (yet) on the inventory count screens.  

I use Lightspeed at another store and it is a MUCH EASIER and MORE RELIABLE solution than what I am seeing in Square. At the end of the count, Lightspeed gives a separate list of missing items that I can manage (find, zero, ignore).  Square will just automatically clear everything not found.   So, I really, really want to see what's missing before I zero stuff out.  

Nonetheless, I'm trying to be a good square user.  Entering the inventory counts with scanners has been very straightforward, but I really want access to MY DATA before I merge the counts.  

come on, Square, why is exporting the data so difficult to do?  

Message 5 of 8

Fortunately, the new Full Count feature lets you do that.  I think it may only be available in Square for Retail Plus.  If only it were rolled out a few days earlier before I completed my cycle count.  Wah wah.

Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

I have Square for Retail Plus.  Export is not available on my full count list

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @SuesSweets - Sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with this 😥

This does sound off, but it's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your account with you. For this type of issue, I suggest that you get in touch with our Square Retail Support Team via phone or email

The best way to reach out is by phone because our team can look at your account with you and help you make adjustments in real time. If you haven't already, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8