x

How can I correlate my transfer reports and sales reports?

Why can't I get the square reports and my bank deposits to add up correctly? In trying to figure out my monthly sales taxes, I try to add up my bank deposits and compare it with the square reports. The numbers should be the same but they do not add up.  What am I missing? 

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @bltierney.

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Payments are transferred according to your close of day or transfer cut-off time. If payments were accepted after your close of day time, they’ll be included in the following transfer. This is likely why your Sales Summaries aren't aligning with your transfer/deposit reports.

In order to edit your business hours to make them match your sales summary, follow these steps:

1. Head over to Account & Settings > Business > Locations in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Select a location > edit your business hours.
  3. Click Save.

Your daily sales summary email is automatically generated based upon your business hours, so once the hours have been updated, your sales summary will be automatically adjusted.

I hope this helps! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @bltierney.

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Payments are transferred according to your close of day or transfer cut-off time. If payments were accepted after your close of day time, they’ll be included in the following transfer. This is likely why your Sales Summaries aren't aligning with your transfer/deposit reports.

In order to edit your business hours to make them match your sales summary, follow these steps:

1. Head over to Account & Settings > Business > Locations in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Select a location > edit your business hours.
  3. Click Save.

Your daily sales summary email is automatically generated based upon your business hours, so once the hours have been updated, your sales summary will be automatically adjusted.

I hope this helps! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 11

Thanks for the reply but I am actually trying to sync up the balances at the end of the month. The square balances and my bank account should be the same but there is a vast difference and I can't figure out why and it is making it very difficult for me to be able to reconcile my month sales tax.

Message 3 of 11
Super Seller Alumni

I hope this helps you.  You can view all of your monthly sales data, along with taxes and fees paid on one screen.  Click here to get to your sales report, then set the Date Selector field to Last Month (or manually set the dates to whatever month you want).  You'll get a report showing all of that data.

Please reply back here if this doesn't solve your problem.

Judy T Shumway
Message 4 of 11
Alumni

Thanks for jumping in here, @GlassJudy!

If you've still got questions for us @bltierney, please let us know - feel free to reach out directly if you need some one-on-one help.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 11

I figured out my mistake, I have a loan with square so the percentage of the payback was the final number that I was seeing in my bank account. 

What would help is to be able to see everything in one place. I have to open multiple emails to get to the final results and then at the end of the month I have confusion. I don't want to have any confusion with the $$ issues.  I'm glad I figured it out in the end though.

Message 6 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching back out and letting us know, @bltierney! So glad you were able to get this one solved.

And we appreciate your feedback about how reporting can be more clear when including Capital Loan repayment. Your best bet for a full breakdown of all of your fees collectively will be on the Sales Summary from the Online Dashboard.

I am passing along your feedback to our Product Teams now!

Joe
Message 7 of 11

The reason your bank deposits don't match with the square deposits is because Square deducts their fees from the deposit they make for you.  So you credit card sales might show $100 and the Square deposit will show $97.  That's because the square fees were deducted from your credit card sales. 

Message 8 of 11

We have square deposits hitting our account but I am having problems matching those to our receipts.  I need a report which shows what makes up the deposit.

Message 9 of 11

I run a transfer report for a date and then a sales summary report for the same date but the amounts are not the same. I can't find any sales summary that matches to a transfer report.

How can I get a sales summary report for a specific transfer report?

Thank you

Message 10 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi @scottg123,

I moved your post to one of the existing threads for this question. 

Check out @isabelle's answer above. 

Ashley C
Message 11 of 11