x

How do I make changes on my featured categories?

I have two questions;

1. How do I make changes to the category lists on the side? I do not like the order they are in.

2. When I click on All Items it only shows the items that are in the current category that I am in. I would like it to list every item I have listed on my site. Is there a way to do this?Screenshot (5).png 

Thank you,

Frank

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi, yes, you can arrange the categories as you like.  Online Dashboard, Website, Edit Site, at top click Page: Home, select Shop All, select Item List, Content, Category Links, Arrange & Add Category Links, then you can drag your categories to your liking. 

Also, Item List in Shop All should display all the items in your store Alphabetic, Price High/Low, Newest etc and you can change that in the Edit Site, Shop All, Item List, Arrange & Add Items button.

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Best Answer

Hi, yes, you can arrange the categories as you like.  Online Dashboard, Website, Edit Site, at top click Page: Home, select Shop All, select Item List, Content, Category Links, Arrange & Add Category Links, then you can drag your categories to your liking. 

Also, Item List in Shop All should display all the items in your store Alphabetic, Price High/Low, Newest etc and you can change that in the Edit Site, Shop All, Item List, Arrange & Add Items button.

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 15

Hi Terri,

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately I can only follow your instructions to Click Home in the Edit section. After that I do not have the Shop All. I even did a search and nothing came up. I guess my other problem is I never added the Shop All link, so I have no idea where to go and edit it.

Thank you,

Frank

Message 3 of 15

HI, no problem, I do enjoy helping out.  The Shop All is a standard page, it's not something you need to add.  When you click on Page: Home a drop down appears, you scroll down the page and find Shop All, see below.

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 4.02.15 PM.png

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 15

That's the thing. I don't show category pages like you do or the Shop All. Here is what I am looking at. I have no idea how to get to the list that is in my original picture above.Screenshot (6).png

Message 5 of 15

HI, I spent some time on your site and see the changes you made to Featured Categories and how when you click on one you only see the items in that category.  All Items when clicked states Shop All but its only the category items.

Can you send a screenshot of the categories?  Like this?  I believe that's where the problem is.

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 6.03.25 PM.png

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 6 of 15

Good Morning,

I was able to change the order of my categories by going to that. I am not sure why I didn't see that earlier. I think I just got tunnel vision. Thanks for the help on that fix. 

Now for the Shop All issue. The Shop All is not even listed in the category page. I have no idea where it has come from. 

Screenshot (7).png

Thank you

Message 7 of 15

Hi, so glad that helped.  I believe the Shop All is a standard page.  Where can you see the All Items page in the editor?  That links to the Shop All page in your store.  

Did you rename the Shop All page?  or remove it?  Because its not in the header.

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 8 of 15

Terri,

That's the thing. I have never added an  All Items category and don't know where it came from, where it is or how to edit it. I have done searches in editor and come up with nothing. Not sure if you noticed, but when you click on All Items it then says Shop All as the Category title.

As for the Shop All category I don't ever remember seeing it let alone deleting it. 

I really do apricate all your help and patience. 

Frank

Message 9 of 15

HI, Frank, no problem I enjoy helping.  What do you see regarding the header navigation, navigation links in the editor?  

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 10 of 15

Terri,

I just found this thread and hope that you can help me. Just as stated above, the link that you show in the first message does not appear in my editing choices. Perhaps I have different choices since I have used Weebly and Square prior to their integration, but the "Shop All, select Item List, Content, Category Links, Arrange & Add Category Links" choice does not appear for me. I have made numerous changes on different Square pages to re-arrange my categories but my "store" page (https://squareup.com/store/CAFUtah) refuses to change.

I have tried using different browsers and even different computers to see if it is some sort of cache issue, but so far no luck. Clearly you have made this work for you, but the lack of a clear footprint on how to arrange the Square store page is remarkably frustrating here.

Message 11 of 15

and - - WHO marks this issue "SOLVED" since there does not see to be a resolution for the posters... ??

Message 12 of 15

HI, here is the total breadcrumbs.

Online Dashboard

Website

Edit Site

at top click Page: Home

select Shop All

select Item List

Content

Category Links

Arrange & Add Category Links

then you can drag your categories to your liking

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 13 of 15

I am having the same issue. After I click Edit Site, the only option I have is Organize, like it is unfinished, yet it won't allow me to click next. I am trying to either get rid of the Most Popular, or Customize it. I just can't seem to move forward and I have clicked on and explored every option (to my knowledge) in the website dashboard.

FF5Creations_0-1651557017404.png

Message 14 of 15

HI, thank you for the screenshot.  You currently have the Menu Format applied to your site.  If you are wanting to have the Retail Format you can apply here

Online Dashboard, Website, Edit Site, click Page: Home down arrow, hover over Shop All click the 3 little dots, select Switch Template from dropdown, popup Switch Page Type select Shop All (Retail Features).

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 6.41.46 AM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 15 of 15