x

How do you pull a monthly deposit (transfer) report to use to reconcile my bank account?

Does anyone know how to pull a monthly deposit report (transfer from square to my bank account) I cannot find one

Message 1 of 33
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello @PAWS1.

Welcome to our Seller Community. Happy to see you here! 

You can find your Transfer Report directly in your Online Dashboard. This should display the relevant information for every daily deposit, including a breakdown of each transaction included in the Transfer.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Super Seller

@MM1822 ;

Here is what I gave as an answer on 9-10-2023 to find this on Square Dashboard portal and it has the Pages Shown what to click so you can find it your self.

How to Navigate to the report instead of following the Link only:

Dashboard > Balance > Select your Location (company) > View All Transfers > select a date range

Her is a link to the Balance area in your Dashboard.

https://squareup.com/dashboard/balances 

The top line shows what you need to look for in your dashboard separated by ">" which denotes the Next Page so from dashboard select Balance   then another page will open where you select you Location then another page will appear like the post below from Tranguyen on 8-4-2021.  

I also posted another way I find out my balance Transfers with Squares fees in an excel CSV file when I replied to BossiRossi in this feed and it has pictures of my 1st few months in business with Square.   

Maybe look through the feed and select another answer as Best answer since the Link does not work for you from Sayra.  Since when she posted the best answer in October of 2020 things change.

Hopefully one of these ways helps you find the Balance report without you having to come here monthly to follow a link.  Maybe you could save the link in your Favorites in your preferred web Browser to get there too?

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 22 of 33

What if I see what should be transfered and it is not going into my account

Message 23 of 33

Hi, Yes, this is very helpful, I have been wanting this info for a long time and could never find it.  

One follow-up question:

You say "You can find your Transfer Report directly in your Online Dashboard".  Where?  I cannot find the link to it, the only way I am able to access it is to bookmark it or come back to this help topic.

Thanks,

Beatrix

Message 24 of 33
Super Seller

@TX122208 

Beatrix  

Dashboard > Balance > Select your Location (company) > View All Transfers > select a date range

Her is a link to the Balance area in your Dashboard.

https://squareup.com/dashboard/balances 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Message 25 of 33

Oh thank you!  We only have one location, and I did not think to click on that, I did not realize it was a link!

Message 26 of 33

It would be helpful to show how to navigate to that report, not just include a link to it.

Message 27 of 33

Is there a way to show a detailed description of what invoices are paid in a deposit from square into our bank. 

example 

Square deposit - $150 in our account 

we would love to know what invoces this includes

Thank you for any help

Message 28 of 33
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @SHHL - thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you.

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding a breakdown of transactions within a Transfer deposit. Take a look at this Best Answer from Sayra - she will point you where you need to be. 

Let us know if you have any questions! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 29 of 33

I have the same issue. I used to be able to download a deposit report that showed each and every bank deposit. It was easy to reconcile bank with Square. That report is gone. I can see the information on screen from the Balance screen after several clicks, but when I try to export, the export has each and every transaction. I don't want that. What I want is a summary of a bank deposit. Put it back like it used to be. Also, get rid of all the advertisements. This used to be a slick app that I could get to what I want quickly. I'm paying for this service so I don't want to be bombarded with offers to take out a loan, or get a new credit card, or transfer my money quickly. Next thing with be Amazon ads. 

Message 30 of 33

It is silly how many of the so-called solutions are not related to the question asked! SQUARE- Learn to ask questions and not just answer from a script. I am tired of ya'll going and going on a rant that at the end is not at all connected to anyone's question. It seems to be your company culture. On the phone, online. And all the phone reps would rather die, than get you transferred to someone, god forbid a supervisor.

The truth is you have about 9 reports and neither one of them is at all useful. I sell events, appointments and art. I have multiple different ones, and for the love of god, I cannot separate them by category to see the sales for a specific event that happened on a specific date ( but tix go on sale for at least a month in advance), or specific appointment group, or anything else. I am told the only way is if I choose to receive payments immediately after the purchase is done, vs. getting paid once a month which is HUGE BS. There should be 0 connection of how many times I get paid, vs. receiving a report of what is included in my monthly payment. How am I supposed to run books when you send me a lump sum and 0 explanation of why and what was paid for? That report should include YOUR fees as well. It sounds sketchy. But really what kind of report will you give me if you contact me every time sometime make a purchase? Will I see separation by groups, events, or anything else? Let me save you time- NO. You still cannot get a report for a specific month -per item sold, or totals per Event sold. Your reps keep throwing your engineers under the bus. They say Oh yeah, we are well aware of the issue, but all we can do is send your suggestions over, open a ticket, etc. They say they don't know how the engineers are choosing the importance of something, and it is not as simple as we think it is to implement changes. If Eventbrite had it figured out, but your engineers cannot maybe you should fire them and hire new ones. Just saying. If you didn't make your infrastructure so complicated and repeating Reports for example in 3 different places for no reason, maybe they would have time to do what is important to us. And don't even get me started on the Items VS Appointments VS Site Items........... It's Ridiculous.  One of you- who is answering questions here should try and use your product and then maybe things will start changing. I have been waiting about a year now for ANY report updates, and actually providing us with what is needed. 

Message 31 of 33
Super Seller

@bossirossi ,

So far the easiest way I have found to see what my Total daily deposit from Square to my bank was to export the Balance report as explained in this feed.  After doing that I open it with Excel, then in Excel create a Pivot Table.  This puts all transactions for a date together and lists them nicely.  Since this is in excel, and not through Square I do understand that Square gives you too much data and not what is needed without using 3rd party software like Excel or Google Sheets.  You can do this with Google Sheets also but I found out with Excel, I can export my transactions or Balance transfers for the last years save them on my desktop and on excel I can look back at my Year end totals, Quarter totals and monthly totals for any year quickly to see which way sales are going.  Then I just add the next years, or months reports to this and it keeps it all nice and neat.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 32 of 33
Super Seller

@bossirossi ;

Since I started my reply as I was leaving for the shop, I figured I would show you what I get with a Pivot table.

Below are 3 images of my June through December 2019 Balance Transfer report.

This is Squares CSV mess I get.

Squares MessSquares Mess

Pivot Table Monthly Totals

Monthly Sales TotalsMonthly Sales Totals

Below is my Pivot Table for Daily CC Sales with Fees and what Square Deposited to my account.  No loans were in this chart.  I use the date of the Transaction because if I use Deposit date on the pivot Table it would combine Saturday and Sunday sales as 1 Deposit and my bank shows 2 deposits.  The Sum Deposited on the below chart matched my bank by a day.  So June 1st sales showed on my bank as June 2nd ( next day transfer). The only time it was off more than a day was over weekends or Bank Holidays, but these numbers were still on my Banks deposit sheet.  Just 2-4 days off because of Bank Holidays.

Daily Sales TotalsDaily Sales Totals

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 33 of 33