x

I have a retail store for various artist and need to track their sales without inventoring all items

I have several artists each selling with sales going through my square terminal. I want to track their sales so I can run a report showing each ones total sales for the month to allow me to subtract my commission and pay them the balance I don't want to inventory their pieces. Anyone know how to do this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hello @Ricobird and thanks for your question. You can setup a New Item for each artist with a BLANK price. For example, make up a new item for artist "John Smith" but leave the price field blank. Then when a customer buys a piece from John Smith and brings it to checkout, you'd pull item from your item list John Smith, the keyboard will come up to input the price, and you can complete the sale.

You then should be able to see a report by these "Items" which would be each artist. Hope this works and solves your problem. Let me know if you have any other questions.

On a related note, IF you wanted to input each artists item into inventory, you could set up CATEGORIES for each artist, and that would be another way to track and report by artists (but then you'd be getting into adding inventory items.)

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

Follow HC-Charlie advice....

Create a category for each artist

Create an item for each artist...Call it (Artist) Artwork.

Leave the price BLANK

So you have 

Category ' John Doe '

Item 'Johns Artwork'

When you sell something have a barcode 'Johns Artwork' and have the SKU read 'Johns Artwork' or type in John to search for the item 'Johns Artwork' item .

Then you have to manually enter the price if the art pieces are of different value.

Then you can track and see reports when ever for the total number of sales or the total dollar amount of each artists sales. 

Hope this helps

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 3