x
Beta Member

Inventory

Hello.  Its my first month on Square and while many features are amazing, coming from Quickbooks, I find many to be tedious and very backwards.  Hopefully this gets to the right person to modify things in order to make it easier for us business owners OR I may be doing something wrong and can be guided to do it correctly.  

The limitation on 250 skus per item seems poor if you are going to support retail businesses of all sorts.  I am a clothing business, we have several colors and sizes in a particular item.  Please allow a larger sku allowance, perhaps an unlimited allowance.  I dont suppose it could be that large.  

Second, adding inventory received is tedious.  There must be an easier way to narrow down the item you want to receive and easily adjust.  For example, I received black dress shirts in multiple sizes, I should be able to easily view just that group of items and adjust accordingly.  

I havent gotten too far into barcode printing since this is a new feature on Register, but it seems you have to create a label for each item.  Again, this needs to be an easy way to view a group of items and print labels for all items in one copy paste kind of way.  

Inventory management needs a lot of attention overall.  Perhaps I can explain better if there is an internal Square representative that handles these things.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Thanks so much for this Request @maleego 

In order to appropriately send these to our product teams we’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square for Retail. Our team monitors these boards and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Square Champion

@maleego  I like your feature request for receiving a black dress shirt in multiple sizes. There is definitely some optimization that can take place to speed up inputting such items. 

Let me know when you have created the request on Ideate. I will definitely vote it up. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

@TCSlaguna , @maleego ;

I did this Google sheet for when I come out with a New scent to fill in the information quickly.

Reference HandleTokenItem NameVariation NameUnit and PrecisionSKUDescriptionCategoryGTINWeight (lb)PriceSellableStockableOption Name 1Option Value 1Default Unit CostDefault Vendor NameDefault Vendor CodeCurrent QuantityNew QuantityStock Alert EnabledStock Alert CountTax - Pa Sales Tax (6%)
  ScentBar Bar Scent Wax Melts  3.99  Candle SizesWax Melts  Bar Scent    Y
  Scentdzn dzn Scent Votives  16.99  Candle SizesDZN  dzn Scent    Y
  ScentT-Lites T-Lites Scent T-Lites  7.99  Candle SizesT-Lites  T-Lites Scent    Y
  Scent8oz 8oz Scent 8oz  10.99  Candle Sizes8oz  8oz Scent    Y
  Scent16oz 16oz Scent 16oz  15.99  Candle Sizes16oz  16oz Scent    Y

I have 20 sizes when I com out with a new scent.  I have Google Sheets find all 'Scent' s and replace them with the name of my new scent. You two might be able to do this with your items?

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 4