x
Beta Member

Is there a way to delay inventory reduction until orders are fulfilled?

Is there a way to delay inventory reduction until orders are fulfilled? We sell cupcakes and allow customers to place orders up to 30 days in advance online and in-store. We make fresh products every day and re-stock them in Square as they are made. Our available menu changes from week to week.  Inventory gets reduced on every sale at the time of sale (online or in-store, today or in the future). The issue is, we may physically still have plenty of a product available for purchase, but our online store reads out of stock due to orders in the future, preventing customers from placing orders online for today (or in the future).  We then have to re-count physical inventory multiple times a day and at the end of every day add fake numbers to allow customers to order online overnight and in the future. We lose sales consistently over this issue.  If we could delay inventory reduction until the order was fulfilled, we would then have a more accurate inventory count and be able to make a more accurate production list for the day.  Any help is appreciated 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello @jm1460 

Thank you for reaching out.

At this time, delaying inventory reductions until an order has been fulfilled is a feature request. The stock for Square Online orders is deducted at the time of order, no matter what the pick-up or delivery date is. 

I would recommend posting your feature request on our Ideate boards so other sellers can add their voices to it. 

You can disable the stock tracking function in your Square Online item library, so even if you are out of a certain product for the day, your customers can still place orders online.

Hopefully, this information is helpful! 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2