x

Is there an issue with the Square for Retail App not opening the cash drawer properly?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square for Retail App not opening cash drawer]

I am told by help staff that there is a bug in the app that many others are having the same problem.  It all started yesterday when my app slowed to a crawl and then froze several times. The screen displayed a message about offline mode being enabled (my internet was up the whole time) which  I then restarted the ipad and app...it worked for a couple of hours then started freezing again. I was told to delete the app and re-install, I did and now the cash drawer wont open to give change but the receipt does print. The cash drawer opens upon hitting new sale. I just walked through the whole process with support and they asked me to send a video...I declined to do their testing for them, I pay to have a working solution. Square needs serious testing help

Message 1 of 5
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @StuartC 👋

I believe we have a fix for this issue. Can you please make sure to update your app to 6.41.2

If you are still having the problem after updating, please let me know so we can dig into this further for you. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 5

Best Answer

Update 6.41.3 fixes the issue

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Thank you for reaching out, @StuartC

Yes, I believe this has been identified recently as a known issue, and our team is working to resolve this issue. I appreciate you sharing the details of what is happening with your drawer, and will be sure to pass this information along to the engineers for you. 

I do not have an ETA to provide for a fix, but will do my best to update this thread as soon as I hear of any new information! 

Message 2 of 5

Best Answer

Hi @StuartC 👋

I believe we have a fix for this issue. Can you please make sure to update your app to 6.41.2

If you are still having the problem after updating, please let me know so we can dig into this further for you. 

Message 3 of 5

Best Answer

Update 6.41.3 fixes the issue

Message 4 of 5

Hey @StuartC, thanks for the update. I am glad this is working! 

If you need anything else let us know. 

Message 5 of 5