x
Super Seller

Loyalty reward not showing for customers

I am curious if people are experiencing issues with the reward redemption screen. I have square on my IPad running IOS 12.4.8 and I have the latest square version installed v 5.4.4.1

A couple of weeks ago I got a customer complaining that he had enough points to redeem but he couldn't see the redemption screen. I was able to take care of it by refunding the customer and running the loyalty manually by searching for the customer profile. 

I then when ahead and tested with my own account which has more than enough points to redeem any of my rewards and I notice the issue is persistent across profiles 😞

I keep calling square support and then I am transfer to the loyalty team. I always get the same response of update to the latest version of square or the table. 

Has anyone been able to figure it out? This is so frustrating 

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Hi Square team, 

I found the bug if you are interested in fixing it 🙂

I had disabled the receipt screen. That loyalty auto-redemption screen stops working if you disable the receipt screen. 

I had to enable it again to fix my loyalty but it is kind of annoying as by having the receipt screen makes it harder for customers to onboard into our loyalty

Message 2 of 6
Alumni

Sorry to hear about the troubles here, @cupzcoffeeaz!

It sounds like our team gave some advice that should have corrected what you've been seeing. If you are currently running iOS 12.4.8 on your iPad, this is not the latest version of the operating system. The latest version of iOS and iPadOS is 13.6 - I would recommend that you update the iOS on your iPad to see if this resolves the issue.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

The bug was fixed by enabling the receipt screen.  I don't think there is a dependency on the IOS. I have an Ipad air that won't allow me to upgrade to IOS13.  

I can almost put my money that the bug can be easily reproduced by the engineering team.

Steps to reproduce bug

1. Disable the receipt screen
  2. Enable the loyalty redemption screen
  3. Find a customer with enough points to redeem a reward
  4. Run a transaction that qualifies for redemption

Expected result

After customer insert credit card, they should see the reward redemption screen

Current result

The customer inserts a credit card, gets to the signature screen, and never sees the redemption screen. 

Message 4 of 6
Alumni

I know you mentioned initially reaching out to our Support team about this, so if you have a moment and haven't already, I'd recommend letting them know what you've shared with me here. If they need to notify our engineers to a potential bug, they'll want to use this information.

I'm glad to hear that you found a resolution in the meantime, @cupzcoffeeaz

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

Hi @Valentina , 

I went all the way to buying a new tablet with the latest IOS and latest square POS. The bug persist and it is impacting the amount of customers I can enroll into square loyalty. 

More than 95% of my customers DO NOT require a receipt, so I wanted to give priority to enrolling in square loyalty by removing the receipt screen. If I do that, then customers can not use the self redeem screen. 

I am not sure if my bug was reported to support, but it seems like both a bad experience for merchants who want to increase loyalty customers acquisition and customers who either miss to enroll in loyalty because they walk away after the see the receipt screen or the customers who can not auto redeem their points

Message 6 of 6