x

New square experience SUCKS for discounts and efficiency

I absolutely HATE the "new experience". When it first rolled out I was able to go in and disable it, but now it has been forced on me. It is an absolutely horrendous nightmare for efficiency and speed moving customers through the line when I am running a sale in my retail store, and there are different discounts for different items. It takes 10x longer to apply different discounts to different items rather than being able to just swipe left to apply a discount to a particular item. Now I have to go into every item individually, toggle on a discount, select a discount and then apply it and repeat the process all over again. This is a horrible way to have to apply discounts and it makes me end up with a large line of backed up customers when it gets busy because there is no efficient way to apply discounts anymore.  It is horrible! Why would you change the simplicity of discounts and make it THAT MUCH MORE TIME CONSUMING???????

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@kmarie86 ;

Are you applying different discounts to each item?  Like 10% off of Item 1, 15% off of item 2 etc for all items in the cart?

If yes then yea this is a pain and slows everything down.

Now if you are applying a flat 15% off or a $ amount to everything in the cart, I was able to Tap the Green Discounts button and apply a discount to the entire cart in less steps.

I liked the old way better swiping then select the discount and bam it was applied, Now tap item, scroll to Discounts, scroll to find discount, tap discount, tap save tap save..... is a slow process!!!

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 2