x
Beta Member

Setting up promotions

I'm setting up a deal for my shop.  I wanted to have a minimum purchase amount for a free item.  The option is there but I want to have it be a minimum $ amount not quantity.  Anyone else tried to do this?Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 11.29.33 AM.png

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

First, is this for an in-person discount or online store discount?  The online store has discount codes (coupons) that can be set for a certain discount amount based on a dollar amount or quantity purchased.  You could set the discount for the amount of the free item and instruct the customer online to purchase 50$, add the free item, and use coupon code 50free to get the item free.

In person there isn't a dollar amount discount that I have used.  They are item and category based.  It would be easy to put an item in that is 0$ or a discount button for that item amount and just hit that button when they are checking out when you have the subtotal right there.

I know you may be looking for an automatic way to do this, but I don't think it is available for a dollar amount of purchase.  It is currently looking like it is made for if you buy a widget from this category you get 10% off...or if you buy this widget it is 10% off automatically.

Hope this helps.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 3

Looking for something similar. If I wanted a discount for in-store purchases such as "purchase $100 and receive $10 off". I'd like for the POS to detect the $100 subtotal to trigger the $10 off. 

The online store has this, but not for in-store purchases. Anyway to have the same thing for in-store?

Message 3 of 3