x
Square Champion

Square For Retail Saved Carts

A few months ago, our Saved Carts feature disappeared.  We discovered it was because of a new screen for Square For Retail, but could toggle it off so that we got our Saved Carts back.

Now we have a notification that it is going to go into effect automatically next week.  We have no ability to toggle it anymore.  

How are we going to continue to create and get to our Saved Carts when this goes into effect?

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello @BofBArtStudio , this is interesting, this is the first I am hearing of this. When I log into my Square Retail app I am not seeing the notification as well. Can you provide a picture of it? I definitely want to take deeper dive and get you some answers on this. Thank you!

Message 2 of 8
Square Champion

IMG_20230203_143327.jpg

The new checkout screen is the one that turned on automatically a few months ago and we had to toggle it off because it does not have favorites and it does not have saved carts.  But apparently next week we will no longer have the option to disable the new checkout, which means that we won't have any way to get to saved carts.

~Cheryl!

Cheryl! Tisland

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 3 of 8

Oh wait it looks like I already have the new checkout enabled on my retail app. I am still showing saved carts under checkout and favorites. 

Message 4 of 8
Square Champion

I can no longer toggle it on and off so I can't even test

When you when you click view cart, do you see a list of all of the carts or just the one you're currently working on?

~Cheryl!

Cheryl! Tisland

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 5 of 8

View Cart will show you the current card, while the orange Save Carts Tile will show you all the  Carts you have saved @BofBArtStudio 

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 8
Square Champion

@BofBArtStudio ;

Since  the New Screen for Square for Retail has come out, I have it enabled on one POS but not the other.  Then my wife was like why is yours different.  I told her because you hate change, and I did not want to mess you up she said good.  Then I told her that the new screen will be rolling out in the future you might want to get use to it.  So I enabled the New screen for her, and both or POS stations have the Saved Cart orange Tile that JJ_ mentions.  Now our POS systems are the Square stands, not sure if this makes a different what device you are using.  The Saved Cart tile does show ALL saved carts that are there until you Open the saved cart and complete the transaction or Delete the saved Cart that is no longer needed.  I already have saved a cart, then when the person comes back to the register I ring everything up again.  Then later I am like what is this saved cart. Oh yea I did that then rang the entire order up again.  We don't need this anymore, DELETE.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 7 of 8
Square Champion

Okay good to know. Thank you for checking on that. Now that I can no longer toggle it on or off I have to just wait till it automatically updates or I guess. Three or four months ago when this first came out we were unable to get to any saved carts, so I toggled it off. And now that I have this message that it's going to automatically do it next week I was getting very concerned.

Hopefully when it actually happens it'll all be fine

~Cheryl!

Cheryl! Tisland

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 8 of 8