x
Beta Member

Square for Retail App Crashing on ALL ipads

All of our ipads running square for retail crash this morning when trying to open the app.  What's going on?  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Just checked and no issues with Square backend were reported. Here’s the link to the status checker for future reference. https://ie.issquareup.com/

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

@bradrsi ;

After Checking @homeprogreen link and seeing no issues with Square on Ipads and I have had no issues, did you have issues with your internet or WiFi at you location?  Every so often my Ipads crash but it is due to my ISP and we have to use a Hotspot to proceed with daily sales.  I have fail safes set up for different events that could happen.  Like my ISP crashing.  My manager knows if Square shows offline, to change Ipads Wifi connection over to 'Tablet' to continue on for the rest of the day. Tablet is the name of my Hotspot. Then 1st thing in the morning we change back to our stores Wifi to see if our ISP has fixed the issue.  So far most of the time I can not process a sale it is related to my WiFi signal or to my ISP having issues not Square.   So maybe in your case your internet connection crashed without you realizing it or maybe your Wifi signal is starting to act up.... whether its your repeater or your router that is starting to go bad.  I had a Repeater going bad and had issues until it was replaced.  Think a lighting strike effected the repeater. 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 3