x
Beta Member

Square for Retail Being Slow

It seems that for a while now, the iPad version of the Square for Retail app has been getting slow and laggy. Some of it can seems to be intentional design too. The cash drawer used to open instantly when tapping the cash button, but now it takes like 3 seconds while waiting for a screen transition to completely finish before it decides to open the drawer. The checkout doesn't completely clear after a finished sale for few seconds, and then poof, ready to go. And the number entry for the manual credit card has gotten less responsive. Now, these might seem nitpicky, but we get customers in large bursts at a time; and being able to quickly process them and get them through is important. One of the reasons we liked square was the tap and go payments and easy to scan item library checkout. But these recent updates are getting annoyingly slow.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

We have noticed since the last two updates the drawer is getting slower and slower opening. I hope they get it fixed soon, when we have lines it feels like it takes forever to finish a cash transaction.

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Barb919 - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with Square for Retail has brought you to the Seller Community.

I suggest starting out with the troubleshooting steps for the app listed here. If this doesn't improve things, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 3