x

The numbers of items that can be sold is greater than inventory

First of all, I am new to this. I have entered the available inventory of shirts that we have available. When I do a test sale via the provided link, I am able to order more than the inventory available. I am using the free version because we will not have many sales. What am I missing?

Edit: When ordering from the square site webpage, the inventory is limited to the numbers I have entered. If I were to provide people with the link to that specific item, there are no inventory limits.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

This doesn't sound right, @CHSPTSO.

So long as you have set inventory properly for this item, you should not be able to order more than the available number of shirts. You've mentioned that your website will prevent you from ordering outside of what's available. However, you state that when you tested a link to the specific item, you are able to order outside of your available inventory.

It sounds like in the second part there, you're referring to a Square Online Checkout link from this page of your Square Dashboard, is that right? If so, are you able to share the link to your website, as well as the direct link you're referring to?

Thanks in advance!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2