x

Timecards Manager clock in

We are using the Timecards and I've noticed that the "Managers" who I have given full permissions to cannot always clock their employees in and out. This is using a computer, logged into Squareup.com, using the Workday menu.

But the "Owner" can do it. 

The Managers attempt to edit the worked time from the "Workday" area but they get an error message 

Deleted Recorded Hours

Are you sure you want to delete this team member’s recorded hours? The recorded hours will be permanently removed. This won’t affect scheduled hours.

This then leads to error messages and you must discard any changes to save 

The Owners get this 

Team member hasn’t clocked in for shift yet.

And they have the option to clock them in. Works perfectly 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@glenncudmore Couple questions:

1.  Are you using multiple locations?  

2.  Are the employee's currently clocked in?

3.  Are you trying to edit recorded hours?

4.  Are you using the scheduling functionality?

From what it sounds like you were trying to clock someone in..usually we do it through the add shift button at the top of the page on the right.  I have noticed some times that the shift record if they are not clocked in, when you click on it will not work as well as the add shift record button.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 3

Yes, multiple locations. Managers have permissions for all. 

This is when an employee forgets to clock in but they are on the schedule. 

Kind of editing recorded hours but there are none, but they are scheduled to work.

I can add a shift but only if I delete them from the schedule and it makes it messy

Message 3 of 3