x

Tobacco Sales and Curbside Pickup

Hello! I understand that tobacco products can not be sold through Square for mail order/phone…However, is it permissible during curbside-only shutdowns to list our cigars, pipe tobaccos, etc. on Square Online for ordering pickup/curbside only (where we are physically interacting with and checking ID/verifying ages)?

Second question: is it okay to take pre-order payments for upcoming limited tobacco products that have to then be picked up in-store?

And third: Can Square Online be set up have a reserve option? (Where customers who prefer to pay in cash, can select items, submit them for pickup and then pay in-person?)

Thanks, I know I'm asking a lot here—just a bit of scrambling to figure out a quick solution if our state remains shutdown longer than originally planned!

Thanks,

Matt

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @mattsturm - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us.

Good questions, all around! Firstly, regarding tobacco, Square does not authorize any sale of tobacco related products - this includes for curbside pickup. Sale of such items is a violation of our Terms of Service, and will lead to account termination. You can read more about our Terms of Service here.

Concerning the reservation online of specific items, this would be considered a Feature Request, meaning that while this feature isn't readily available, we are more than happy to notate it and send it to our Product Teams and engineers for future visibility. Should anything come down the pipeline, we will then be able to easily reach back out to you and let you know of launch.

Feel free to shoot me over a reply if you have any follow-up or clarifying questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @mattsturm - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us.

Good questions, all around! Firstly, regarding tobacco, Square does not authorize any sale of tobacco related products - this includes for curbside pickup. Sale of such items is a violation of our Terms of Service, and will lead to account termination. You can read more about our Terms of Service here.

Concerning the reservation online of specific items, this would be considered a Feature Request, meaning that while this feature isn't readily available, we are more than happy to notate it and send it to our Product Teams and engineers for future visibility. Should anything come down the pipeline, we will then be able to easily reach back out to you and let you know of launch.

Feel free to shoot me over a reply if you have any follow-up or clarifying questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2